You’ve seen the cute costumes in the pet aisle, but you don’t want to fork over the money to transform your pet into a superhero. That’s okay—there are plenty of DIY costumes you can create with a few pet accessories in Saint Francisville, LA.
The following DIY costumes for pets will make your Halloween fun as well as budget friendly. And if Fido ends up eating his costume, at least you didn’t spend a lot of money on it!
Also, keep in mind that every October, St. Francisville Animal Hospital has a pet costume contest. Enter your photo today for a chance to win a special prize!
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Dog: Those turtles have been popular for decades. If your dog would look great as Leonardo, Donatello, Raphael or Michelangelo, you just need four things to make him a Ninja Turtle (Dog). Paint a disposable turkey roasting pan green, put your dog in a green dog shirt and tie the pan to the dog’s back with a ribbon to match the color of whichever Turtle he wants to be. Just don’t expect too many ninja moves beyond “roll over.”
- Astrodog: If your dog would love to be on the next shuttle launch, create a DIY jet pack for his own personal space rocket. Use a couple of two-liter soda bottles. Spray paint the bottles gray, then stuff them with red and yellow tissue paper that imitates flames coming out of the bottle necks. Attach these rockets to your dog’s harness with duct tape. 3…2…1…trick or treat!
- Beanie baby: This might be the easiest option among DIY costumes for pets in Saint Francisville, LA. Cut a giant heart out of red felt. Add the letters “ty” and a gold star to the heart, and you have a Ty Beanie Baby tag. Attach it to your pet’s collar, and she suddenly looks like an oversized (and lively) stuffed animal. Cute!
- Dino dog: If your dog is already used to wearing shirts or hoodies, this one’s a cinch. Simply use small triangles of felt to create spikes on the back of one of his shirts. Once he slips into this garment, he morphs into a dino dog. Maybe you can call him a barkosaurus rex.
- Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf: Do you have two dogs? Is one of them wolf-like? Simply add a bonnet to the wolf, then put your smaller pup in a red cape. You now have the Big Bad Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood. What an adorable duo!
- Grandma: For particularly wrinkly breeds, this one is great. With just two pet accessories in Saint Francisville, LA, your bulldog can become grandma. Add some play glasses and a floral scarf around her head. In an instant, your pet looks like grandma.
Discover more pet fun
Would you like additional ideas on how to have safe fun with your pet this Halloween? Contact the team at St. Francisville Animal Hospital. We specialize in veterinary services and pet adoptions. We also provide boarding, grooming and a variety of pet accessories in Saint Francisville, LA. For questions about your pet’s care or to provide that harness you need to complete your dog’s costume, give us a call.
Categorised in: Uncategorized